Friday, March 16, 2007

Whew...

(12:13AM) This life is some roller coaster ride. I had a lot of feelings today. I didn't know what to do with them all, so I rode my bike on the levee and looked at the sun for a while before it set. I cried hard. The sun had a halo around it. Maybe several. They looked like rainbows. Then I sat by the river for a bit. The water was softly lapping up against the rocks. I didn't want to leave. Life is such a powerful experience. Sometimes so powerful it seems overwhelming. I feel full of love tonight, despite this clean, crisp sadness.

Food: Last night I didn't know quite what to do with myself without my computer. That's a bit of an interesting thing, but its the truth. I am doing so much with the computer these days. Well, I was out of almond milk, so I opened up one of those nonperishable soymilk cartons and made some chocolate milk with it. I went outside and sipped it while looking up at the sky and listening to some music. I had about 16 oz. of soy chocolate milk. I don't plan on making this a staple in my diet, but if I must stray from the ideal, it seemed like a much better alternative than eating cooked chocolate or some other cooked food. I didn't feel badly after drinking it either. And it did taste delicious:) No headache afterwards either like the almond milk seemed to be giving me.

I went to bed around 1 or 2 and woke up around 8:30. I had two sizable BMs one after the other and then another sizable one 3 hours later. Around 11:30 I had 3 oranges. I had 2 more at 2 and then ate a very large salad around 3 w/ 2/3 avocado, 1/8 cup soaked pumpkin seeds and honey/mustard/cider dressing. I felt so satisfied with the salad that I forgot about dessert and just laid out in the sunshine for a while instead. Oh, and it felt soooooooooo goooooooood. It's been a few days since we had some good sun. Around 9:30, I wasn't super hungry, but I wanted something to eat. I was truly craving more salad instead of something heavier like crackers or dessert, so I fixed another salad. I made it with 2/3 avocado and a medium amount of lettuce. It tasted just as wonderful as the first. I think I might try to incorporate 2 salads into my day instead of just one. Around 10:30 I was ready for heavier foods so I had 50 garlic almonds, 16 oz of soy chocolate milk again and 1 serving of cashew butter/honey/cacao nibs. I am going to soak brazil nuts tonight and make milk from it in the morning to get something a little more pure in my system. Just thinking about drinking all that soymilk makes me feel a little gunky, not to mention it does feel heavier in my system tonight. I did miss my Barleymax drink today, but I ran out of coconuts to make it with:(

I am excited about tomorrow. I am going to dig up even more of the yard and do some more planting. Now seems like the best time for it, so I am seizing this opportunity. I will really try to get all my kitchen work done in good time so I can get a decent night's sleep tomorrow for my Saturday market.

To see photos from this past weekend's raw food potluck, go here:
March 2007 Raw Food Potluck

No comments: