Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spinning


Photo - I feel like I have a few things in common with this visitor who came and stayed on my back porch for a couple of days.
(8:25 PM) So I've adopted these crazy sleeping habits lately. Part of the reason is because I can't bring myself to do work indoors for long periods of time during the daylight hours. It seems like such a waste to be inside for so long when I could be outside instead. And I feel so good when I am outside. So I've been doing a lot of work at night as a result. Last night, once again, I only had about three hours of sleep before my market. I realized today I cannot keep doing this. I don't like it one bit. This is at least the third market it a row where I was functioning on three hours or less of sleep. I feel like such a zombie when I do this. I'm still able to truly smile and converse and observe a few things, but underneath I feel this deep exhaustion the whole while. Its no good. My eyes have been hurting lately from not getting enough rest and having my contacts in for too long. I know that that is really not good. Here is an observation I have about it all: even functioning on very little sleep sometimes for days in a row, I have been able to do a pretty decent and efficient job of the things I am working on. I still have some energy, a sense of balance and accurateness in my movements and a fairly clear head, but now that this has been going on for a while and building up in a sense, I realize I can't keep it up. I can get away with it, but I don't enjoy this new sleep-deprived style of things. I am a little fascinated that I have been able to do so much for so long on so little fuel. But its certainly not optimal. I want to figure something else out. Wish me luck. Today I ate 5 oranges before 1pm, about 6-8 strawberries with the tips dipped in honey around 3:30, a large salad around 6pm, and 2 servings of cacao/honey/cashew butter right afterwards. I had no weird digestive feelings or headaches. That was refreshing. It made me feel a little normal again:)

BM update: everything has been A.O.K. ;-)

No comments: