Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Grumpty Dumpty

(1:20AM) I did not go to bed last night. I laid down for 1 hour b/t 5 and 6 AM. This lack of sleep had a strong effect on me today. I felt like I wasn't smiling as much as usual and when I did try smiling, it didn't feel like it was coming from deep inside. I was actually pretty grumpy a few times today.

So since I stayed up all night, I ate 50 garlic almonds and had a cacao brownie w/ a little choc. sauce drizzled on top sometime around 2 in the morning. I was actually pretty hungry for those almonds by that time. They really energized me, too. This morning around 8 I had two oranges and the leftover arugula salad from the potluck Sunday. My appetite was very strange today. I was pretty hungry all day long, maybe because I was just trying to use food as fuel since I hadn't gotten any sleep. Around 10 I had a handful of candied walnuts. I also drank Bmax/coconut water throughout the morning. At 12:30 I made a lunch out of broccoli and coconut dip. I got home around 3:30 and felt hungry still so I had about 10 almond/flax crackers (so much for shying away from them!) and 2 containers of Nur's leeks!!!! I also had an ounce or two of Paul's pesto and two servings worth of cashew butter/cacao/honey. I drank about 24 oz of sweet herbal tea in the evening. At midnight I had 2 more oranges, 50 garlic almonds and about 10 candied walnuts. I could still eat more, but it would be better to just go to bed at this point:)

No comments: