Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines

On the 12th, I can't remember too well, but I think I had oranges in the morning and then marinated greens late on (that made my throat feel sore). Later on, I had a case of butterflies in my stomach, so I don't think I had anything after that.

I think on Feb. 13th I had:

- 2 oranges
- a large salad w/ avocado and Italian dressing
- a peice of chocolate cherry tart from La Spiga (!) (note: this was cooked food)
- The chocolate tasted sooooooo good that I went and had about 5 squares from a Hershey's Symphony bar!!!! YIKES!!!!! I did lay down for a while after that. All that stuff really knocked me out.

Maybe because it was the first day of my menstrual cycle, maybe it was because I ate all that chocolate, or maybe it was because I was feeling very strong emotions at the time, but I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day, so I didn't eat anything. Actually, I had a good cry instead. So many emotions. I welcome them all, they make me feel very alive.

Yesterday I woke up at maybe 9:30. This is what I ate yesterday:

-4 oranges in the morning, before noon (more than usual!!! I was so hungry I would have even eaten a fifth, but I was away from home and couldn't find any more oranges in my car:)))
-40 garlic almonds to help sustain me since I didn't expect to be home until later
-around 3:30 I had a medium sized bowl of marinated greens, but they made my throat burn (this is the second time now!), and the whole time I was eating them, I didn't find them very appetizing, but I have such a big bowl of them in the fridge and I so don't want them to go to waste:(
-Then I had a medium bowl of salad with 1/3 an avocado and Italian dressing since I couldn't finish the greens. Then I got ready for my Valentine's Day date. Above are a couple of pictures I took before the date (note: these are the very first pictures taken with my new camera). I wore red in honor of the occasion, (of course!!!!!!!!!!).
- I got home from the date around midnight and was hungry, so I ate (woops, forgot to count!) quite a few almond/flax crackers with an entire container of Paul's cilantro pesto. Then, I had an 8 oz. glass of chocolate almond milk. I got on the computer for a while and then was still hungry, so I fixed another glass of chocolate milk a few minutes later. I went to bed a little before 2:00 AM!!!!!!

It's been feeling sooooooooooooo incredible to stretch lately. Yesterday was awesome. I got my new camera in the mail(waHOOOOOOOooooooooo). I also got an awesome birthday package in the mail from a friend: RAW by Juliano:), AND it was my first day volunteering for ESY - the Edible Schoolyard www.esynola.org. I met some really neat people that I look forward to working with. One of the other volunteers told me about this place in Connecticut where he apprenticed to learn how to start his own organic farm, business plan and all. It sounded amazing and it got my brain and inspiration gears going. I have a feeling it will be really incredible to be a part of this project. And to complete this wonderful day, I had a great date!!!!

Today is the 15th. I got up around 10. Before noon I ate:

- 2 oranges
- I was still really hungry after that so I had quite a few almond/flax crackers w/ a container of Nur's leeks
- I still had room for a chocolate coffee drink after that around 12:30:) (Love that stuff)

I spent my morning out in my backyard. It is cold and cloudy today. I wrote some thoughts down to help process some of the feelings I have. The birds are out and the nicest thing happened. While I was writing, a bird came and landed, just for a quick second, on my foot!!!!!! It made me smile so big! I've always wanted the birds to land on me. I wonder if I lived out in a forest, the birds would come to me and play with me. I really love them. I think I will go for a nice bike ride today.

No comments: