Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Nur's leeks (I'm crazy about 'em)


(1:08 AM) Another late night, it looks like. I woke up around 5:30/6. I had a basket of cumquats and one small orange for breakfast before one. I had a large salad w/ 3/4 avocado, 1/8 cup pumpkin seeks, honey/mustard dressing around 4. I also had 7 triple seed crackers with Nur's leeks (see photo) and a 6-8 oz chocolate milk. I had a BM around 5:30 or so. Pretty solid, average amount. Before six, I also had a 16 oz glass of very sweet tea. I got drowsy from it around 8 or 8:30 and I felt a slight headache. Around midnight I had a 12 oz chocolate milk to help get me through the kitchen work I still had left to do. I guess that was emotional eating since I wasn't exactly hungry. Oh well, it could have been much worse. The chocolate milk gave me some minor discomfort in my tummy. I had another BM around 11:30. Medium size, long and narrow, fairly solid. Despite the fact that I only got 4 or 5 hours of sleep, it was fairly easy to wake up this morning. There is one more observation I would like to note: I didn't get to eat my salad until 4 and I had been hungry since before noon. This made me want to keep eating even after I had eaten a lot of food. I am going to try harder to eat meals throughout the day instead of focusing on one huge salad. I would have prefered to have eaten the same food I ate today, but not all at once. In intervals. I was full for quite a while. I dont' think it helped that I was mixing all those foods: greens, crackers, leeks, chocolate milk, tea.

I went to a lecture on edible and useful wild local plants this evening. I'm excited about the new book I have on this subject.

No comments: